Thursday, June 28, 2007

Surprise Phone Call

Ok, so I'm barely home from work and I get a call from a local number I don't recognize. This is a brand new phone number so I assume it's a mistake and let it go to voicemail.

Jesse, a cousin of mine, who I haven't seen in over 2 years is trying to get a hold of me. I call him back up and we go to Macaroni Grille for dinner.

Keep in mind, I'm not out to anyone on his side beyond my immediate family. We spent some time catching up and it came time. Now I confess, it has gotten much easier to talk to people about my sexuality, but from some reason the family element makes the whole situation harder.

I did come out to Jesse and he was very understanding and non-judgemental.

It is very refreshing to know that even with an extremely Mormon background someone can be open minded and accepting.

No comments: