Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Anticipating Problems

Ok, it's officially prepare-for-worst-hope-for-best time.

According to the local news, The next two weeks are going to be some of the worst for travelers...Overbooked flights, airline software glitches, crowds, security, etc.

"Expect Heavy Delays"

I'm going to cross my fingers and hope things go as smoothly as possible, but at the same time I'm gonna pack light and bring plenty of stuff to entertain me while I wait and wait and wait some more.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

jim said...

Last time I flew I had to go out and buy a quart size baggy for the teeny tiny toothpaste, deodorant, and cologne sample bottles in my carry on. TSA insists it be quart size, not a size I might happen to have at home already. And you should have seen how mean they were to the foreign, English-limited passengers who didn't have their quart size baggy!

Whatever you do, don't even attempt to carry your $90 half liter Dolce & Gabbana cologne with you... They'll force you to toss it!

Oh... And take lots and lots of money with you; Since you can't carry liquids through security, you'll be paying through the nose for water once you're on the concourse!

Unknown said...

Just as a follow-up...I didn't encounter any significant problems with the airlines. My flight home was delayed by 15 minutes, but that hardly counts.