Wednesday, November 28, 2007

What's happened to customer service?

There's doctor's offices and customer service, and never the twain shall meet.

They refer to me as a "patient", so I guess that wouldn't entitle me to any treatment that a customer would expect.

The last several times I've visited my doctor the woman behind the front desk has asked me for my insurance card. Finally the last visit I'd had enough, "You know, every time I come in here you ask me for my card."

Now the lady behind the desk tells me I have a balance over $200 with them. Hmmm, I wonder...how do you expect to receive payment unless you're actually billing my insurance? Were you taking my insurance card to admire its aesthetics?

Thinking about it, customer service has never been a part of the doctor experience. I'm always forced to wait, often patronized and/or ignored. Ya know, feels a little like dating someone. "Doctor, if you're going to f*** me this hard maybe I should be charging you!"

1 comment:

Tobalicious said...

At least you are going to the doctors, its silly that they are not doing their job and getting money from your insurance provider considering they keep asking you for it.

did they finally give you a clean bill of health? i guess i should know if i have to expect anything more then a weeks worth of being sick in the next two weeks