Friday, July 27, 2007

All in my head?

Ok, so this past Monday I spent some time in the ER, but appears I'm fine.

I called my doctor's office Monday morning about shortness of breathe, chest pain, and numbness. They advised me to go to the emergency room, so I did. I seriously doubted that I was having a heart attack even though my symptoms resembled one.

I've had a pretty consistent history of anxiety and anxiety attacks, but I didn't feel like that's what this was.

After about 6 hours of tests and drawing blood the ER doctor prescribed a nebulizer, MethyIPREDNIsolone, and Xanex. So in other words, the ER doc was pretty sure I was suffering from an Asthma attack or anxiety.

Two days later I have a follow-up visit with my usual doctor and he's convinced that my issues are stemming from anxiety. So, apparently it's all in my head and I just need to chill.

Well today I have a cardiologist appointment to make absolute sure that my heart isn't the problem (my doc is pretty sure it isn't, but we have to leave no stone unturned right?). If he gives the thumbs up I'm free to compete in my meet this weekend and all my simptoms are just in my head. I'll give an update on that later.

Well I guess I should look on the bright side, if my mind is capable of this, imagine what else I can do. LOL.

2 comments:

jim said...

And you damn well better give us an update after the heart guy's tests. :P

Where is your swim meet?

Unknown said...

I posted an update Jim, I'm fine. The swim meet is in Tucson; apparently Phoenix teams don't do meets very often :(