Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Brokeback Mission

I apologize for the cheesy title, but after my Bosnian coworker said it in response to the following story, I just had to use it.

While I was in SLC, the night before my meet two other swimmers and I went out for a night on the town. We stopped by this little gay bar/dance club called Try-Angles. It was a good time and after about an hour we began to prepare to leave.

I leaned up against the bar to close my tab and someone tapped me on the shoulder asking, "Do you remember me?"

"Elder Whittaker?"

Nate Whittaker not only served in the same mission as me, but we served together for 3 months as companions. And NO, we did not mess around ever.

Now, I must confess that it isn't a surprise to find out Elder Whittaker is gay. However, it is surprising to see him "out." He seems like the type that would remain in the closet forever despite that fact that everyone already assumes he is gay :) Kinda like my first boyfriend. LOL.

4 comments:

Tobalicious said...

Does Elder Whittaker have a boy friend?

jim said...

OMG! That's so funny!

I am certain you told me about him when we were discussing your mission. Wow!

Unknown said...

We didn't really get a chance to talk. I have no idea if he has a boyfriend or not. I do know that he's taking the Utah bar this week. :) Why doesn't it surprise me he's going to be a lawyer? LOL.

•♥•m•♥• said...

brokeback mission!....HAHAHAHA!....pinch that Borat of a co-worker for me ....mmm'k?.......& pop on over to my flickr page ....take a peek at my latest foto's!.... I had the Nikon D300 in my hands yesterday.....oooooh!.....it was sexual i tell ya......after my tax refund ...she will be MINE...i say MINE!! alll mINE!!!!oh..sorry.....

ok...must get ready to go shoot the moon tonite....its a full lunar eclipse!

**toodles poodles**

http://www.flickr.com/photos/minta360/